ENTraNCE for Judges
ENTraNCE – European Networking and Training for National Competition Enforcers – for Judges is a training programme for national judges of the EU Member States actively dealing with competition law cases. ENTraNCE for Judges...
Recent Developments in Competition Policy – 2022 edition
The Autumn School is an advanced course on recent developments in competition policy in Europe, the USA and the rest of the world. The Autumn School adopts an interdisciplinary approach: instructors are well-known academics, practitioners, and competition agencies representatives, both lawyers and economists. Besides frontal lectures, the Autumn School includes preliminary online activities and daily group exercises. Training participants may also attend the Florence Competition Autumn Conference, taking place at the EUI campus on 28 October 2022.
The course is designed for mid-career professionals, including in-house counsels, lawyers, economists, officials of competition authorities, academics, advocacy officers, and journalists with at least 5/10 years of working experience in the field. Besides the advanced learning experience, the School stimulates networking among the participants both in class as well as during social activities in Florence and its world-famous Chianti surroundings.
The Florence Competition Autumn School will take place at Villa Schifanoia, part of the EUI campus: a beautiful 14th-century manor placed on the outskirts of Florence. Due to possible travel predicaments, the Autumn school has a ‘hybrid’ format: participants can either opt for the ‘residential’ track (i.e. attending the Autumn School in person, at the EUI campus in Florence) or ‘online’ one (i.e. attending the Autumn School via Zoom). Both tracks provide participants with access to the e-learning materials.
Travel and accommodation costs in Florence for participants opting for the ‘residential track’ are not included in the registration fee.
- 24-27 October 2022: Florence Competition Autumn School
- 28 October 2022: Florence Competition Autumn Conference
- Residential track
- Regular fee: € 3.000
- Discounted fee for representatives of FSR C&M / FCP Donors, officials from National Competition Authorities and full-time academics: € 2.400
- Online track
- Regular fee: € 1.000
- Discounted fee for representatives of FSR C&M / FCP Donors, officials from National Competition Authorities and full-time academics: € 800
|Residential track||Online track|
|Online activities via a dedicated online platform: 1) Background readings 2) Background videos 3) Preliminary and final survey 4) Lecture recordings||YES||YES|
|Frontal lectures (24 – 27 October)||YES||YES|
|Group exercises (24 – 27 October)||YES||YES|
|Social activities and networking opportunities: 1) Trip to Chianti region (23 October) with private shuttle bus from/to Florence central station + wines degustation 2) Lunches (24 – 27 October) 3) Two daily coffee breaks and refreshments (24 – 27 October) 4) Farewell canapé (27 October)||YES||NO|
|Daily private shuttle bus from Florence central station to the EUI campus and return (23 – 27 October)||YES||NO|
|COVID-19 antigen test at the EUI campus at the end of the Autumn school for return flight (optional)||YES||NO|
|Participation in person to the Florence Autumn Competition Conference (28 October)||YES (in person)||YES (online)|
- Officials from National Competition Authorities and other government agencies and regulatory authorities.
- Associates and partners in law firms with a specialization in competition law.
- In-house counsels dealing with competition compliance issues.
- Economic consultants with expertise in industrial economics.
- Competition scholars (i.e. doctoral researchers, post-docs and professors).
- Advocacy officers for competition policy and regulatory matters.
- Specialized journalists of legal information providers.
The Florence Competition Autumn School is organised by the Florence Competition Program (FCP) and by the Communication& Media Area of the Florence School of Regulation (FSR C&M) of the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence (Italy). The FCP and FSR C&M have over 10 years of experience in the organisation of residential and online executive courses on competition law and economics and sector regulation.
Meet your instructors